RESEARCH GROUP FOR MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING IN TOURISM
Research group members:
Dr Nevena Ćurčić, full professor
Dr Lukrecija Đeri, full professor
Dr Milena Nedeljković-Knežević, associate professor
Dr Svetlana Vukosav, associate professor
Dr Vuk Garača, associate professor
Dr Uglješa Stankov, associate professor
Dr Vanja Pavluković, associate professor
Dr Olja Munitlak-Ivanović, associate professor
Dr Nevena Ćurčić, full professor
tel: +381 (0)21 485-2838
fax: +381 (0)21 459-696
Management and marketing are the basic scientific areas in the business of companies, and thus tourism companies, as well as other holders of management and marketing functions. Management is a multidisciplinary skill and can be defined as the process of managing and leading an organization. With the process of ownership transformation and change of ownership structure in the Serbian economy and the emergence of a large number of micro and small enterprises in tourism and hospitality, the importance of the management function has become increasingly important. Today, managers must be extremely flexible and adaptable in conditions of uncertainty and constant change, especially in areas where change is rapid and unpredictable such as tourism. Therefore, professional managers in tourism are the basic carriers of growth and development of the company, and the skills that are key to the realization of business performance are the quality that is acquired through education and practice. Members of the research group provide education in the field of entrepreneurial management, human resources management, accounting and financial management, business economics, tourism economics, tourist destination management, travel agency management, marketing in tourism and hospitality, hotel sales and reception business, etc.
The importance of small and medium enterprises in Serbia is great as they make up 99.8% of the total number of companies in the non-financial sector. 50% of Serbia’s exports are realized through small and medium enterprises. In order to bring the tourism product closer to consumers, special knowledge from the application of marketing is an important segment of skills in creating competitive advantages in the market. The main principle of marketing is that every business decision is based on consumer behavior. Therefore, the application of marketing mix instruments (product, price, distribution, promotion), as strategic variables, is especially important given the turbulence in the tourism market and the environment, which increasingly emphasize the ex ante response to change. To that end, the research group monitors and analyzes market changes in tourism, applies quantitative and qualitative research, plans for promotional activities of companies and organizations in tourism, etc. and that in the educational process with undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students, as well as in the scientific-research field of activity.
The goal of forming a research group for Management and Marketing in Tourism is to study and analyze management and marketing both at the level of a tourist destination and at the level of a tourist company, and the research tasks relate to several aspects: managing the development of a tourist destination, strategic approach in the development of certain selective forms of tourism, competitiveness and stakeholder approach to destination management, identity change and brand building in tourism, planning and implementation of tourism promotion, product quality improvement, business innovation and creation of new tourism products, consumer behavior research, applied marketing research in tourism, etc.
- “Regeneration of industrial heritage in the context of sustainable tourism development and profiling of new thematic routes in Vojvodina “(2014), Short-term project of special interest for sustainable development in AP Vojvodina in 2014, Provincial Secretariat for Science and Technological Development, AP Vojvodina, No. project: 114-451-1485 / 2014-03. Project manager: dr Nevena Ćurčić.
- “Association for the Development of Business, MICE and Manifestation Tourism” (2008), a cluster connection of small and medium enterprises, tourism organizations and scientific institutions in the field of tourism and hospitality. Patron of the Ministry of Economy and Regional Development. Project manager: dr Nevena Ćurčić
- “Gender equality in the tourism industry of Vojvodina”, Short-term project of special interest for sustainable development in AP Vojvodina in 2018, Provincial Secretariat for Science and Technological Development, AP Vojvodina, Project number: 142-451-2694 / 2018 -01. Project manager: dr Vuk Garača
- “Digital guide through the tourist attractions of Vojvodina” (2017-2018). Provincial Secretariat for Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, Number: 142-451-3727 / 2017. Project manager: dr Mirjana Mikalački.
- Studija stanja digitalne transformacije kulture u Srbiji Projekat iz oblasti digitalizacije kulturnog nasleđa i savremenog stvaralaštva za 2019. godinu Ministarstva kulture i informisanja.
- COST Action CA19142, Leading Platform for European Citizens, Industries, Academia and Policymakers in Media Accessibility
- Cluster initiative “Association for the development of business, MICE and event tourism”, a project of the Ministry of Economy and Regional Development of the Republic of Serbia (2008)
- Synergy of culture and tourism: utilisation of cultural potentials in less favoured rural regions (SY_CULTour), South East Europe Transnational Cooperation Programme (SEE). Project holder : Znanstvenoraziskovalni center Slovenske akademije znanosti in umetnosti, Geografski inštitut Antona Melika, Slovenia, partner in the project: Faculty of Science (2011-2014).
- “Challenges and perspectives of structural changes in Serbia: Strategic directions of economic development and harmonization with EU requirements”, financed by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia. Number: 179015 The project manager is: dr Ivan Stošić
- “European integration and socio-economic changes of the Serbian economy on the road to the EU” funded by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia. Number: 47009. The project manager is: dr Božo Drašković
- Ćurčić N., Josipović M., Bodvaji T. (2019), Motives and experiences of tourists coming to Serbia via Couchsurfing site. International conference “Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality – CTTH 2019” Get Ready for the iGeneration, 12-13 September 2019 in Novi Sad, Rectorate builing, pp.53-61
- Garača V., Vukosav S., Ćurčić N., Bradić, M, (2018), The importance of prices in tourism industry – the impact of growth of prices of hospitality services on the domestic tourism demand. Zbornik radova – Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, iss. 66-1, pp. 5-20, 2018 UDC 338.57.055.2:338.48; doi: 10.5937/zrgfub1866005G
- Terzić., A, Bjeljac, Ž., Ćurčić, N, (2015), Common Histories, Constructed Identities: Intangible Cultural Heritage and the Rebranding of Serbia. International Journal of Intangible Heritage Vol.10, pp.101-120 ISSN 1975-3586.
- Pavlović, N., Ćurčić, N., Mirović, V., Medić, S, (2015), New approaches in creation of retail package deals based on consumers’ attitudes in tourism destinations. BASIQ 2015 International Conference “New Trends in Sustainable Business and Consumption”, 18-19 June 2015, Bucharest, Romania, Business and Tourism Faculty, Amfiteatru Economic Journal, The Association for Innovation and Quality in Sustainable Business, pp.91-98. ISSN 2457-483X ISSN-L 2457-483X
- Ćurčić N., Garača V. (2013), Tourist identity of Serbia in correlation to the promotional activities. International Thematic Proceedings „National and European identity in the process of European integration“, Edited by Pero Petrović, Milovan Radaković, Institute of International Politics and Economics, Belgrade, 745-760 UDC 338.48:323.15(497.11), ISBN 978-86-7067-180-5
- Curaković D., Šikora I., Garača V., Ćurčić N., Vukosav S. (2013), The degree of consumer satisfaction with hotel services. Revista de turism – studii si cercetari in turism / Journal of tourism – studies and research in tourism 15 (2013), pp.6-11 ISSN: 18442994 “Stefan cel Mare” University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration – Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department.
- Garača, V., Ćurčić,, Vukosav, S., (2014), Analysis of tourism economy indicators in the gravity zone of Novi Sad, Teme no.2, godina XXXVIII, Niš, pp .543-565 UDK 338.482(497.11Novi Sad) 005.52 ISSN 0353-7919
- Đeri, L., Božić. S., Seker, R., (2018), Exploring the difference between performance and importance of particular hotel attributes: the case study of hotel “Galleria” in Subotica. International Scientific Journal „Teme“, University of Niš. Vol. XLII, Issue 1, pp. 77-95. ISSN 0353-7919. DOI: 10.22190/TEME1801077D
- Đeri, L., Božić, S., Stamenković, P., Nagy, I. (2017), The influence of education level on choosing coastal regions at tourist destinations. International Scientific Journal Geographica Pannonica. 21, Issue 2, pp. 96-105. University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management. DOI: 10.18421/GP21.02-03 Print ISSN 0354-8724, Online ISSN 1820-7138, UDC 05:91(497.1)=20.
- Đeri, L., Stamenković, P., Blešić, I., Milićević, S., Ivkov, M. (2018), An importance – performance analysis of destination competitiveness factors: Case of Jablanica district in Serbia. International Scientific Journal „Economic Research“ – Ekonomska Istraživanja. Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Faculty of Economics and Tourism „Dr. Mijo Mirković“, Pula. Vol. 31, Issue 1, pp. 811-826. DOI: 10.1080/1331677X.2018.1456351 ISSN 1331-677X (Print), 1848-9664 (Online)
- Bradić, M., Kosar, Lj., Đeri, L., Vukosav, S., Garača, V. (2017), Eco-labelling of Accommodation facilities and its perception by Rural Tourists: Case study of Vojvodina. Economics of Agriculture. Vol. 64, Issue 1, pp. 205-219. The Balkan Scientific Association of Agrarian Economists, Belgrade, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest. UDC: 502.1:338.48-55(497.113). ISSN: 0352-3462.
- Vukosav S., Ćurčić, N., Garača,V., Čerović, S., Curaković, D, (2014), Strategic management of hotel companies: case study of hotel companies in Vojvodina (Serbia). Revista de turism No 18 (2014), pp.16-22.
- Nedeljković Knežević, M., Hadžić, O., Nedeljković, S., Kennell, J. (2020), Tourism entrepreneurship and industrial restructuring GLOBE national and organizational culture dimensions, Journal of the Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijić” SASA, 70(1): 15-30.
- Nedeljković Knežević, M., Nedeljković, S., Mijatov, M., Vukonjanski, J. (2020), Moderator effects of the employees’ gender on the correlation between facets of job satisfaction and personality dimensions. Management: Journal of Sustainable Business and Management Solutions in Emerging Economies– accepted for publication
- Nedeljković Knežević, M., Pavluković, V., (2020), The Influence of GLOBE Culture Dimensions on Entrepreneurial Orientation in Tourism and Medical Service Sectors in Serbia, Geographica Pannonica, – accepted for publication
- Hadžić, O., Nedeljković, M., Nikolić, M. (2014), The relationship between GLOBE organizational culture values and the emotional intelligence of employees in Serbian organizations, Primenjena psihologija, 2, 137-156.
- Nedeljković Knežević, M., Mijatov, M., Nedeljković, S. (2019), The importance of sociodemographic characteristics and personality dimensions for communication satisfaction. Economic Horizons, 21(3), 239-253
- Pavluković, V., Armenski, T., Alcántara-Pilar, J. M. (2017), Social impacts of music festivals: Does culture impact locals’ attitude toward events in Serbia and Hungary?. Tourism Management 63, 42-53.
- Pavluković, V., Cimbaljević, M. (2020), Factors affecting conference participation decision-making. Geogr. Inst. Cvijic, 70(1), 31–43. https://doi.org/10.2298/IJGI2001031P
- Stankov, U., Filimonau, V. Vujičić, M. (2020), A mindful shift: an opportunity for mindfulness-driven tourism in a post-pandemic world. Tourism Geographies, in press. Doi.10.1080/14616688.2020.1768432
- Stankov, U., Pavluković, V., Alcántara-Pilar, J. M., Cimbaljević, M., & Armenski, T. (2018), Should Festival Be Smarter?: ICT on Mass Events–The Case of the Exit Festival (Novi Sad, Serbia). In Handbook of research on technological developments for cultural heritage and eTourism applications (pp. 245-263). IGI Global. New York
- Cimbaljević, M., Stankov, U., Pavluković, V. (2018), Going beyond the traditional destination competitiveness–reflections on a smart destination in the current research, Current Issues in Tourism. 1-6.doi: 10.1080/13683500.2018.1529149
- Stankov, U., Kennell, J., Morrison, A., & Vujicic, M. (2019), The view from above: The relevance of shared aerial drone videos for destination marketing. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 36, 7, pp. 808-822, doi 10.1080/10548408.2019.1575787
- Drakulić Kovačević, N. Kovačević; L, Stankov, U, Dragićević, V., Miletić, A. (2018), Applying destination competitiveness model to strategic tourism development of small destinations – The case of South Banat district. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, 8, pp. 114-124, doi: 10.1016/j.jdmm.2017.01.002
- Vukosav, S., Garača, V., Bradić, M. (2018), Analyses of regulations regarding accommodation facilities categorisation in rural tourism in Serbia, Economics of agriculture, 65(2), pp: 769-786
- Vukosav, S., Walrabenstein, K., Bradić, M., Garača, V. (2020), Hotel-product perceived quality: A case study of city hotels in Vojvodina (Serbia) – a factor analysis, Теме, Vol. 44/1, pp. 267-283.
- Pavić, , Blešić, I., Nerandžić, B., Vukosav, S., Mumel, D,(2018), Motels in Serbia: What do potential guests expect?. Industrija. 46. 65-76.
- Mitić, P., Munitlak Ivanović, O., Zdravković, A., (2017), A Cointegration Analysis of Real GDP and CO2 Emissions in Transitional Countries, Sustainability, 9(4), 568; on line pp 1-18, doi:10.3390/su9040568
- Đukić, M., Jovanoski, I., Munitlak Ivanović, O., Lazić, M., Bodroža, D, (2016), Cost-benefit analysis of an infrastrusture project and a cost-reflective tariff: A case study for investment in wastewater treatment plant in Serbia, Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, Vol 59, pages 1419 – 1425, doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2016.01.050
- Golušin, M., Muinitlak Ivanović, O., Andrejević, A., Vučenov, S, (2014), Survey of socio economic growth in SE Europe-new conceptual frame for sustainability metrics, Journal of Economic Surveys, Vol 28, Isuue 1, pp. 152-168.
- Munitlak Ivanović, O, (2018), Ecological Responsibility and Sustainable Development as Preconditions for Development of the Concept of Circular Economy, Chapter 1, book Organizational Culture and Behavioral Shifts in the Green Economy, IGI Global, ed. Violeta Sima, USA, ISBN: 9781522529651, pp 1-20
- Munitlak Ivanović, O., Zubović, J., Mitić, P., (2017), Relationship between Sustainable Development and Green Economy – Emphasis on Green Finance and Banking, Economics of agriculture, Vol 64, No 4, Beograd, str. 1467-1482, ISSN 0352-3462
MONOGRAPHS / BOOKS:
- Ćurčić N. (2010), Qualitative assessment of means of tourist propaganda and applied cartographic material in the function of improving promotional activities in tourism. Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, pp.1-240
- Štetić S., Šimičević D., Ćurčić N. (2013), Specific forms of tourism. Publisher author, Belgrade
- Đeri, L. (2017), Behavior and consumer protection in tourism. UNS, PMF, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality. Novi Sad.
- Olga Hadžić, Milena Nedeljković Knežević, Tatjana Pivac (2018), Management of sustainable development of cultural tourism-stakeholder approach, Faculty of Science, DGTH.
- Hadžić, O., Nedeljković, M. (2008), Motivation and job satisfaction of employees in the organization. Novi Sad: Faculty of Science.
- Vukosav, S, (2016), Strategic management of hospitality and tourism companies, textbook, Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality, Novi Sad
- Pavluković, V. (2019). Business events and tourism, textbook. Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality, Novi Sad.
- Dragićević, V. (2012), Competitiveness of Vojvodina as a destination of business tourism, monograph. Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality, Novi Sad.
- Munitlak Ivanović, O., (2018), Implementation of sustainable development goals using millennium goals, Monograph, Institute of Economic Sciences, Belgrade.
- Munitlak Ivanovic, O, (2009); Strategic Management, textbook, Faculty of Business Economics, EDUCONS University, Sremska Kamenica.
- Dr Nevena Ćurčić is a member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Tourists of Serbia from 2011 until today, she was appointed a reviewer of higher education institutions in the Republic of Serbia, by the decision of the National Body for Accreditation and Quality Assurance. Also, since 2016, she has been certified on the List of textbook manuscript evaluators of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development.
- In 2014, Dr Lukrecija Đeri was the President of the Council for Investment Affairs in the Field of Tourism, Hospitality and Health Resorts of the Capital Investment Fund of the Government of AP Vojvodina. In May 2014, she was appointed State Secretary for Tourism in the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications of the Republic of Serbia. She was a member of the National Council for Tourism until 2017, the Association of Hungarian Economists of Vojvodina and the external board of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Dr Uglješa Stanov is a member China Outbond Tourism Research Institute for Western Balkans I International Federation for IT, Travel and Tourism.