- Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3 (ground floor, office 9), Novi Sad, 21000, Serbia
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Web-site: www.ugljesa.com; www.ugljesa.in.rs; www.dgt.uns.ac.rs/turizam-katedra/ugljesa-stankov/
Date of birth 04/10/1982
- Mindful tourism experiences
- User-technology relationships
- Digital well-being
- Environmental research
- Spatial information systems
CURRENT WORK PLACE
- From February 2021- to Present Full Professor University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management; Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3, 21000 Novi Sad
Lecturing and research in the field of e-tourism and geoinformatics.
- from February 2009 – to November 2010 – PhD University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management; Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3, 21000 Novi Sad
Tourism, Geographical Information Systems (Thesis Title: Web Marketing and Geographic Information Systems in Tourism of Vojvodina)
- from October 2005 – to January 2009 – MSc University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management; Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3, 21000 Novi Sad
Tourism (Thesis Title: The Role of Internet in the Tourism Promotion in Serbia)
- from October 2001 – to September 2005 – BSc University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management; Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3, 21000 Novi Sad
Geography and tourism
LIST OF SELECTED PUBLICATIONS:
- Stankov, U., & Gretzel, U. (2020). Tourism 4.0 technologies and tourist experiences: a human-centered design perspective. Information Technology & Tourism, 22(3), 477-488.
- Stankov, U., Filimonau, V., & Vujičić, M. D. (2020). A mindful shift: an opportunity for mindfulness-driven tourism in a post-pandemic world. Tourism Geographies, 22(3), 703-712.
- Stankov, U., Filimonau, V., Gretzel, U., & Vujičić, M. D. (2020). E-mindfulness–the growing importance of facilitating tourists’ connections to the present moment. Journal of Tourism Futures. 6 (3) 2020, pp. 239-245 10.1108/JTF-11-2019-0135
- Stankov, U., Kennell, J., Morrison, A., Vujicic, M. (2019). The view from above: The relevance ofshared aerial drone videos for destination marketing. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing 10.1080/10548408.2019.1575787
- Stankov, U., Filimonau, V. (2019). Reviving calm technology in the e-tourism context. The Service Industries Journal, 39(5-6), pp. 343–360. doi: 10.1080/02642069.2018.1544619
- Cimbaljević, M., Stankov, U., Demirović, D., Pavluković, V. (2019). Nice and smart: creating a smarter festival–the study of EXIT (Novi Sad, Serbia). Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 1- 13. Doi: /10.1080/10941665.2019.1596139
- Stankov, U., Filimonau, V., Slivar, I. (2018). Calm ICT design in hotels: A critical review of applications and implications. International Journal of Hospitality Management. Doi: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2018.10.012
- Cimbaljević, M., Stankov, U., Pavluković, V. (2018). Going beyond the traditional destination competitiveness–reflections on a smart destination in the current research. Current Issues in Tourism, 1-6. Doi: 10.1080/13683500.2018.1529149
- Armenski, T., Stankov, U., & Choi, H. S. (2018). Destination Branding of European Russia: An Empirical Investigation of the Web Projected Imagery. Društvena istraživanja: časopis za opća društvena pitanja, 27(4), 735-755.
- Drakulić Kovačević, N. Kovačević; L, Stankov, U, Dragićević, V., Miletić, A. (2017). Applying destination competitiveness model to strategic tourism development of small destinations – The case of South Banat district.. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management. pp.xx. Doi: 10.1016/j.jdmm.2017.01.002
- Stankov, U, Jovanović, T., Pavluković, V., Kalinić, Č, Drakulić-Kovačević, N., Cimbaljević, M. (2018). A regional survey of current practices on destination marketing organizations’ Facebook Pages: the case of EU and U.S. Geographica Pannonica 22 (2) ,81-96. Doi: 10.5937/22-16673
- Stankov, U., Armenski, T., Klauco, M., Pavluković, V., Cimbaljević, M., Drakulić-Kovačević, N.(2017). Spatial autocorrelation analysis of tourist arrivals using municipal data: A Serbian example. Geographica Pannonica 21 (2), 106-114. doi: 10.18421/GP21.02-04
- Stankov, U., Klaučo, M., Dragićević, V. Vujičić, M, Solarević, M. (2016).Assessing land-use changes in tourism area on the example of Čajetina municipality (Serbia), Geographica Pannonica, 20 (2), 105-113. doi: 10.18421/GP20.02-07
- Stankov, U., Dragićević, V. (2015). Changes in Spatial Pattern of Net Earnings: Evidence from Serbia. Acta Oeconomica 65 (3). 351-365. doi: 10.1556/032.65.2015.3.1
- Blesić I., Popov-Raljič, J., Uravić, L., Stankov, U., Đeri, L., Pantelić, I. Armenski, T. (2015). An Importance-performance Analysis of Service Quality in Spa Hotels. Ekonomska istrazivanja – Economic Research 27 (1), 483-495.
- Pantelić, M., Ðurđev, B, Stankov, U, Dragićević, V., Dolinaj, D (2012). Water quality as an indicator of local residents’ attitudes towards tourism development: A case study of settlements along Veliki Bački Kanal, Vojvodina, Serbia. Knowledge and Management of Aquatic Ecosystems 404, pp. -. doi:10.1051/kmae/2012003
- Klauco, M., Weis, K., Stankov, U., Marković, V., Arsenović, D. (2012). Ecological Significance of Land-Cover Based on Interpretation of Human-Tourism Impact. A Case from Two Different Protected Areas (Slovakia and Serbia). Carpathian Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences. 7 (3), 231 – 246.
- Dragićević, V., Jovičić, D., Blešić, I., Stankov, U., Bošković, B. (2012). Business Tourism Destination Competitiveness: a Case of Vojvodina Province (Serbia). Economic Research 25 (2), 311-331.
- Klaučo, M, Bohuslava, G., Stankov, U., Marković, V., Lemenkova, P. (2013). Determination of Ecological Significance Based on Geostatistical Assessment: a Case Study from the Slovak Natura 2000 Protected Area. Central European Journal of Geosciences 5 (1), 28-42. doi: 10.2478/s13533-012-0120-0
- Stankov, U., Djurdjev, B., Mrakovic, V., Arsenovic, D. (2012). Understanding the Importance of GIS among Students of Tourism Management. Geographia Technica 2, 68-74.
- Stankov, U., Stojanović, V., Dragićević, V., Arsenović, D. (2011). Ecotourism – An Alternative to Mass Tourism in Nature Park “Stara planina”. Journal of the Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijić” 61 (1), 43-59.
- Pantelić, M., Stankov, U. Stojanovic, V. (2011). Tourism development of Mali Stapar as one of the possibilities for decreasing depopulation of west Backa district (Vojvodina, Serbia). Geographica Timisiensis 20 (2), 67-78.
- Dragićević, V., Stankov, U. Arsenović, D. (2011). The Attractiveness of Vojvodina Province as a Tourist Destination on the Basis of Domestic Tourists’ Perception. Geographica Timisiensis 20 (1), 59-67.
- Blesić, I. Ivkov-Džigurski, A., Stankov, U., Stamenković, M., Bradić, (2011). Research of Expected and Percieved Service Quality in Hotel Managent. Journal of tourism (Revista de Turism – Studii si Cercetari in Turism) 11, 5-13.
- Dragicevic, V. Stankov, U. Armenski, T. Štetić, S. (2011). Evaluation of Congress Performance and Congress Attendees’ Satisfaction – A Case Study of Novi Sad (Serbia). Tourism and Hospitality Management 7 (1), 67-78.
- Stankov, U., Lazić, L., Dragićević, V. (2010). The Extent of Use of Basic Facebook User-generated Content by the National Tourism Organizations in Europe. European Journal of Tourism Research 3(2), 105-113.
- Dragićević, V., Blešić, I., Stankov, U. (2010). Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions of Congress Attendees: Evidence from an International Congress in Novi Sad (Serbia). Geographica Pannonica 14 (1), 23 – 30.
- Stankov, U., Ćurčić, N., Dragićević, V. (2010). Assessment of Forms and Extent of Tourism Web Promotion in Serbia. Zbornik radova Geografskog instituta „Jovan Cvijić“, SANU 60 (1), 57-68.
- Stankov, U., Dragićević, V., Pavlović, Lj. T. (2009). Search Engine Visibility and Language Availability of Travel and Tourism Websites in Serbia. International Scientific Journal Turizam 13 (1), 58-64.
- Davidović, N., Marković, V., Vasiljević, Đ. Stankov, U. (2010). GIS Approach in Tourism Management in National park Berchtesgaden (Bayern, Germany). Geographia Technica 2, 18-24.
- Stankov, U., Ćurčić, N., Vukosav, S., Dragićević, V., Pavlović, T. (2009). Tourism Websites Characteristics in a Country With Small Internet Use – Case Study of Serbia. Journal of tourism (Revista de Turism – Studii si Cercetari in Turism) 8, 47-51.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS
- Stankov, U. (2021). E-tourism (in Serbian). University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences. Novi Sad.
- Stankov, U., & Filimonau, V. (2020). Technology-Assisted Mindfulness in the Co-creation of Tourist Experiences. In Xiang, Z., Fuchs, M., Gretzel, U., Höpken, W. (Eds.) Handbook of e-Tourism, Springer, .Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05324-6_128-1
- Stankov, U., Boemi, S.-N., Attia, S., Kostopoulou, S., Mohareb, N. (Eds.). (2019). Cultural Sustainable
Tourism: A Selection of Research Papers from IEREK Conference on Cultural Sustainable Tourism
(CST), Greece 2017. Springer. Cham.
- Stankov, U., Pavluković, V., Alcántara-Pilar, J. M., Cimbaljević, M., Armenski, T. (2018). Should Festival Be Smarter?: ICT on Mass Events–The Case of the Exit Festival (Novi Sad, Serbia). In Rodrigues, J. M., Ramos, C. M., Cardoso, P. J., & Henriques, C.(Eds.). Handbook of Research on Technological Developments for Cultural Heritage and eTourism Applications (pp. 245-263). IGI Global. New York
- Slivar, I., Alerić, D., Stankov, U. (Eds) (2017). Consumer behaviour of tourists. Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Faculty of Economics and Tourism “Dr. Mijo Mirković” (in Croatian)
- Klaučo, M. Gregorová, B., Stankov, U., Marković, V., Lemenkova, P. (2015) Land Planning as a Support for Sustainable Development Based on Tourism: A case Study of Slovak Rural Region. In Collins, K.H (ed), Handbook on Tourism and Management. 1st published. New York: Nova Science Publishers, pp. 191-208. ISBN 978-1-63463-672-8
- Stankov, U., Filimonau, V. (2019). Co-creating “Mindful” Holiday Resort Experience for Guests’ Digital Well-Being. In Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2019 (pp. 200-211). Springer, Cham.
- Stankov, U. (2019). Keep calm and smart – supporting citizens’ digital well-being with calm technology. Perspectives of Local Governments in Central-Eastern Europe Practice and Innovations – Conference volume. 541-557
- Stankov, U. (2019). Adapting to digital distractions while travelling with calm technolog. “Contemporary trends in Tourism and Hospitality CTTH 2019, September 12-13, Novi Sad, Serbia 62-73
- Vujičić, M., Stankov, U., Božić, S., Vasiljević, S. (2018). Perception of place image by inner-city and suburban residents – The Case of Novi Sad (Serbia). 7th Biennial ITSA 2nd International TESA Conference, 6 – 10 August 2018, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa.Page 4 / 5
- Vasiljević, Đ., Božić, S., Vujičić, M., Stankov, U., Čikić, J., Ristić, D., Milenković, N. (2018). Attitudes of Novi Sad Residents Towards the Title European Capital of Culture (Novi Sad 2021) – Preliminary Results7th Biennial ITSA 2nd International TESA Conference, 6 – 10 August 2018, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa.
- Božić, S., Jovanović, T., Stankov, U. (2017). Exploring the gap in brand and image perception between tourists and stakeholders –A case of Roman heritage sites in Serbia.”IMIC 2017 – Tourism: Trends, Prospects and Implications for Enterprises and Destinations, 19-21 October 2017, Santorini, Greece”
- Slivar, I., Floricic, T., Stankov, U. (2017). Peer to peer sightseeing tours in European destinations. Cornell Hospitality Research Summit (CHRS) 2017, 5-7 October, New York
- Stankov, U., Čikić, J., Armenski, T. (2017). Should tourism sector be responsive to New Age lifestyles? 5 th International Conference on Contemporary Marketing Issues (ICCMI) 2017, June 21- 23, 2017 Thessaloniki, Alexander Technological Educational Institute (ATEI) of Thessaloniki; Manchester Metropolitan University. pp. 636.
- Cimbaljević, M., Stankov, U., Dunjić, J. (2013). A GIS Analysis of Turnover of Tourists on the Example of Montenegro. Collection of papers from Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality 2013, September, Novi Sad, Serbia.159-169.
- Marković, V., Stankov, U., Savić, S., Klauco, M., Pavlovic, M. (2014). A GIS Analysis of Artificial Surfaces Impact on Urban Heat Islands of Novi Sad, Serbia, 5th International Conference on Cartography and GIS, June15-20, 2014, Riviera, Bulgaria ,12-20
- Stankov, U, Marković,V., Savić, S., Dolinaj, D., Pašić, M., Arsenović, D. (2014). Tourism Resources in Urban Heat Island: A GIS Analysis of Novi Sad, Serbia. 5th International Conference on Carography and GIS, June15-20, 2014, Riviera, Bulgaria,, 559-566.
- Dragićević V., Drakulić Kovačević, N., Stankov, U. (2014). The Assessment of Tourist Attractiveness of South Banat Area in Serbia and Cross Border Cooperation with Romania “Summary of Abstracts from The Third Romanian-Bulgarian-Hungarian-Serbian Conference “Geographical Research and Cross-Border Cooperation within the Lower Basin of the Danube”, Srebrno jezero (Veliko Gradište) – Serbia, 18-21th September 2014, 88.
- Stankov, U., Jovanović, T., Dragićević, V. (2014). Facebook Travel Related Usage Patterns of Tourism Students. SINTEZA 2014, Impact of Internet on Business Activities in Serbia and Worldwide, 25 – 26 April 2014, Belgrade, Serbia. Doi: 10.15308/SinteZa-2014-743-749
- Stankov, U., Savić, S., Marković, V., Pašić, M., Dolinaj, D., Arsenović, D. (2013). Spatial Distribution of Tourism Resoruces in Urban Heat Island of Novi Sad. Abstract book from Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality 2013, September, Novi Sad, Serbia. pp. 108-109.
- Stankov, U., Klauco, M., Marković, V., Dragićević, V. (2013). Land se Changes in Tourism Zone of Cajetina Municipality (Serbia): Landscape Metric Analysis. Proceedings from International Symposium “Geography for Sustainable Developement”, 17 -18 May 2013, Timisoara, Romania. pp. 71-72.
- Stankov, U., Dragićević, V., Pavlovic, T. Lj., Drakulić-Kovačević, N. (2013). Thematic Brand-Based Differentiation of Rural Tourism in Europe: A Conceptual Proposal. 14th International Joint World Cultural Tourism Conference 2013 Cultural Tourism: New and Different Way October 28- 30, 2013, Novi Sad, Serbia”, pp. 50.
- Stankov, U., Klaučo, M., Đorđević, J., Marković, V., Arsenović, D. (2011). The Assessment of Land Cover Ecological Significance in Tourism Zones of Fruška Gora Mountain (Vojvodina, Serbia). Scientific Conference Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality – Via Danube, the Main Street of Europe, Abstract Book, pp. 58-59.
- Stankov, U., Dragićević, V., Stamenković, I. & Marković, V. (2011). Strategy Measures for Developement of Tourism Internet Promotion of Serbia. The 2-nd International Scintifical Congress – Biennale “The Influence of Tourism on Economic Developement”, 27th – 29th April, 2011, Skopje, Macedonia, pp.137
- Dragićević, V., Plavša, J., Stankov, U. (2009). Promotion of Serbia as a Business Tourism Destination, Summary of Abstracts from International Congress of Tourism and Management “The challenge and perspectives of the Tourism and Management”, Skopje, September 27th, 2009, pp. 69.
- Dragićević, V., Kovačević, T., Stankov, U. (2009). Examining The Experience and behavioral intentions of Domestic Tourists: Case Study of the Region of Vojvodina (Serbia). 4th International Scientific Conference “Planning for the Future – Learning from the Past: Contemporary Developments in Tourism, Travel & Hospitality”, Rodos, 3-5 april 2009,
- Stankov, U., Dragićević, V., Drakulić, N. and Pavlović, T. (2009). Internet History and Tourism Webiste Evolution in Serbia form 1998 to 2008. 14th International Conference of Historical Geographers, 23- 27 August 2009, Graduate School of Letters, Kyoto University, Japan, pp. 98.
SELECTION OF PROJECTS:
- Digitalisation and Culture for new generations (DiCultYouth) – Erasmus+ 2018-2-CY02- KA205-001362. November 2018 – January 2021
- Information and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Tourism Development (ICT4STD). Erasmus+ KA2 Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic Partnership for youth 2019-1-PL01-KA203-065781. 2019-2021
- Evaluation of digital transformation of culture in Serbia. Ministry of culture and information. No. 451-04-2807/2019-09
- COST Action CA19142, LEAD-ME – Leading Platform for European Citizens, Industries, Academia and Policymakers in Media Accessibility (MC Substitute)
- COST Action CA19136, NET4AGE-FRIENDLY – International Interdisciplinary Network on Smart Healthy Age-friendly Environments (MC Substitute)
- Tourism 4.0 – Digital transformation of tourism in Serbia – 4.0toGo. Ministry of innovation and technology, No. 401-01-00013/2020/01/2.
- Digital guide for tourist attractions in AP Vojvodina. The Provincial Secretariat for Higher Education and Scientific Research. November 2017 – May 2018
- Tourist branding program AP Vojvodina with program of promotional activities. The Provincial Government of Autonomous province of Vojvodina
- IPA HUSRB project: Monitoring, forecasting and development of online public early warning system for extreme precipitations and pluvial floods in urban areas in the Hungarian-Serbian cross-border region – URBAN-PREX (HUSRB/1602/11/0097), from 01.11.2017 – 31.10.2019. December 2019 – March 2020
- IPA HUSRB project: Water shortage hazard and adaptive water management strategies in the Hungarian – Serbian cross-border region – WAHASTRAT (ID: HUSRB/1203/121/130), from 01.02.2013 to 31.07.2014. – PP1 Project Manager
- Аnalysis of urban climate in Novi Sad and its an impact on thermal comfort of urban population (no. 114-451-2446, project financed by Government of Autonomous Provinces of Vojvodina) 10.11.2012-10.11.2013.
- Serbian – Slovak Bilateral Cooperation: GIS spatial analysis of tourism areas and protected areas (ID: SKSRB-0004-09), from 2010 to 2011.
- IFITT – International Federation for IT and Travel & Tourism
- CotriWB – China outbound tourism research institute for Western Balkans
- Society of geographers of Vojvodina (branch of SGD)
- Spatial Information Center at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad.
- Member of research groups for Geographic Information Systems, Rural Tourism and Cultural Tourism at Departments for Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty
of Sciences, University of Novi Sad.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Award for best professor according to student evaluation in the academic year 2013/2014 and from 2015-2018 at the Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management,
Faculty of Sciences in Novi Sad.
- University of Novi Sad award for success in the school years 2002/2003, 2003/2004, 2004/2005. year;
- Certificate – Scholarship Fund for gifted students of the University of Novi Sad in the 2004/2005 school year. year;
- Diploma of the Norwegian Embassy in Belgrade, April 2002;
- University Award for achievement in during studies, University of Novi Sad
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COLLABORATION AND ACADEMIC MOBILITY
- Erasmus + Staff Exchanges: Radboud University, Netherlands (2018/2019); University of Oradea, Romania (2018/2019): Univeristy of Alcalá, Spain (2019/2020); Université Paris-Est Créteil Val de Marne, France (2019/2020).
- Visiting lectures at Volga Region State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism in March 2013
- Technical Editor of International Scientific Journal Turizam from 2007 to 2014. Currently Uglješa is a member of international editorial board of Journal of Tourism Intelligence and Smartness
Operations manager in NGOs Geotech and Minds Europe