Date and place of birth: March 16, 1974 Zrenjanin
She graduated in 1998, received her master’s degree in 2001, and her doctorate in 2005 at the Faculty of Science in Novi Sad. From May 2015 – Full Professor. She is chairman of the Chair of Social Geography at the Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty of Sciences (University of Novi Sad). Head of the study program Graduate Professor of Geography from the school year 2016/2017
Scopus Author ID: 54997977400
Orcid ID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5267-2384
Field of scientific research
- Methodology of teaching geography
- Animation and logistics in tourism
- Folklore heritage and ethno tourism
Undergraduate: Animation in tourism (leisure time organization or guests relations), Methodology of Teaching Geography, Geographic basis of general ethnology, Geographic basis of special ethnology, Innovation in teaching geography
Master: Special events management, Methodology of Teaching Geography 2
PhD Curses: Population Policy and Family Planning, The Impact of Demographic Trends on Tourism, Leisure and Event Organization in Tourism, Global Geo-political Processes and Serbia, Chosen chapters of Methodology of Teaching Geography).
Mentorstvo u 113 diplomskih radova, 34 master radova, 2 specijalistička rada, 7 magistarskih teza i 10 doktorskih disertacija. Član komisije u preko 200 diplomskih i master radova, kao i 1 magistarske teze i 10 doktorskih disertacija.
- She has also actively participated in organizing and conducting field work and practicals for students enrolled at all study programmes.
- From 2005 until today, Andjelija Ivkov-Džigurski was a supervisor on 166 final papers (10 PhD dissertations).
- During 2007/2008, she was a chairman of the Master of Science in Teaching Geography Study Programme, and in 2011/2012 a chairman of the PhD of Science – Geoscience Study Programme, as well as of the Bachelor of Science in Teaching Geography Study Programme in 2016/2017., 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019-2020. From 2009 to 2012 she was an assistant director of DGTH for teaching.
- She actively participated at various national and international conferences (Japan, Thailand, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, etc.)
- She has also been a reviewer of both scientific papers and students’ books, handbooks and other teaching materials within the field of teaching geography. Since 2014, she has been a member of the editorial of the Journal of Subject Didactics. She is an active member of all editions of the Department for Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management at the Faculty of Science.
- From 2005 to 2009 Head Marketing Team Faculty of Science
- Since 2007, a Chairman of the Serbian commission for standards in tourism and related services (ISO/TC 228) at the Institute for standardization of Serbia.
- Since October 2009 to October 2012 Department Vice Director (Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management)
- Member of the editorial board of all editions of the Faculty of Science (University of NoviSad) since 2015
- At the Accreditation and Quality Review Committee of the Ministry of Education and Sports, Republic of Serbia, she was selected as a reviewer for accreditation of higher education institutions and study programs.
- Member of the commission for obtaining a license for teachers of geography, at the Provincial Secretariat of Education, AP Vojvodina.
- Member of the Expert Council for the Social Sciences and Member of the Expert Council for the Technical and Technological Sciences at the University of Novi Sad.
- Reviewer at ENIC-NARIC Serbia Center, Qualification agencies of the Republic of Serbia.
She was a president of the Geographical Society of Vojvidina and she is a member of the Society of Subject Didacticians, Society of Demographers of Serbia and MENSA Serbia. She is a chairman of the subject section geography within the Society of Subject Didacticians. She is married, a mother of twins.
Other important information
She has been involved in 34 projects so far. Good communication skills gained through my experience as a project manager.
Leader of the 5 project.
- Folklore Heritage in Tourism of Banat, Program of importance for science and technological development of AP Vojvodina, no. 451-02007 / 2006, 2006.,
- Folklore heritage in tourism Backa, Program of importance for science and technological development of AP Vojvodina, no. 106-451-03052 / 06, 2007.
- Folklore heritage in tourism Srem, Program of importance for science and technological development of AP Vojvodina, no. 106-451-02206, of 2008.
- Creating a program for the revitalization of depopulated border regions of Banat, Program of importance for science and technological development of AP Vojvodina, no. 114-451-0719 / 2009-01, 2008-2009.
- Characteristics of fertility as a factor of sustainability of national minorities in Vojvodina (142-451-2705/2018-01)
Staff member in:
- Spatial Plan of AP Vojvodina 2010-2020
- Staff member in Master Plan for Sustainable Development of Fruška Gora mountain. Autonomous Province of Vojvodina and University of Novi Sad (2010-2011)
- Demographic transition in Serbia, the Republican program, basic research, no. 146017, 2005-2010
Staff member in International project:
- ”SY_CULTour: Synergy of culture and tourism: utilization of cultural potentials in less favored rural regions”, Project is co-financed under the South East Europe Transnational Cooperation Programme (2011-2014).
- Staff member INTERREG-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Hungary – Serbia „Development of water tourism on waterways connecting Hungary and Serbia“ (WATERTOUR; HUSRB/1602/31/0204) (2018-2019)
- ERASMUS+ projekat „Learning through the Interdisciplinary Field Education“ (LIFEdu) (2019-)
Completed Seminars (4) entitled “Move borders” organized by the Novi Sad Fair, the Fund for the support of the promotion of export of the Executive Council of AP Vojvodina, Vojvodina Chamber of Commerce and VIP Fund. She is the author and facilitator of 10 seminars and workshops aimed at professional development of teachers in primary and secondary schools, accredited by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development (Institute for Educational Research and Development). Since 2006 year organized together with students 49 themed charity events. This is part of subject “Animation and logistic in tourism”. The thematic evening consist of several parts which present to the guests culture, folklore characteristics (music, national clothes and customs), gastronomy values and life of people in different country. Every evening is charity event. Students collect money, sweets, books and other things for children in some hospital, safe houses, in some other institutions.
Participated in International Conferences – OSI Education Conference 2005: “Education and Open Society: A Critical Look at New Perspectives and Demands”, at Budapest 14th International Conference of Historical Geographers. Graduate School of Letters, Kyoto University, Japan and IGU CGE Symposium-2010 in Istanbul, Turkey.
She is a proud author of 216 scientific papers, 15 books (1 student’s book, 3 handbooks and 11 monographs) and 1 tourist guide. The SCI list includes 9 of her works, one of which is within M21 category and 8 within M23 category. She is the only author of 43 of her works, and the first author of 50 of her works.
- Djukicin Smiljana, Jelena Milankovic, Andjelija Ivkov-Dzigurski, Vladimir Stojanovic, 2012. The Analysis of the Diet of the Population in the Republic of Serbia. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment. WFL Publisher, Scandinavian science publisher. Vol.10 (1): 52-57. Pp. 52-57. ISSN:1459-0255 (M23) IF 0,435 http://world-food.net/category/journals/2012/issue-1/
- Ivkov Dzigurski Andjelija, Vedrana Babic, Aleksandra Dragin, Kristina Kosic, Ivana Blesic, 2012. The Mystery of Vlach Magic in the Rural Areas of 21st century Serbia’. Eastern European Countryside. No Pp. 61-83. DOI 10.2478/v10130-012-0004-9. ISSN: 1232-8855 (M23) IF 0,045 http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/eec.2012.18.issue-1/v10130-012-0004-9/v10130-012-0004-9.xml
- Snježana Marko Gagić, Dragan Veljko Tešanović, Anđelija Čedomir Ivkov-Džigurski, Tatjana Dragan Pivac and Ana Đorđe Jovičić, 2013. Motives and attitudes of food and drink festival visitors: A case study of Serbia. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment. WFL Publisher, Scandinavian science publisher. Vol.11 (1) Pp. 1055-1059. ISSN: 1459-0255 (M23) IF 0.435 http://world-food.net/category/journals/2013/issue-1-2013/
- Vanja Dragićević, Snežana Besermenji, Tatjana Pivac, Anđelija Ivkov-Džigurski, Kristina Košić (2013): Evaluation of tourist attractiveness and museum management in Sombor and Apatin (Serbia). Acta Geographica Slovenica. 53-2. pp. 403-413. DOI: 10.3986/AGS53405 ISSN: 1581-6613 (M23) IF 0.484 http://giam.zrc-sazu.si/?q=en/node/631
- Herceg Mandić Vera, Ivkov-Džigurski Anđelija, Effects of PBL Implementation on Teching of Geography in High School. The New Educational Review. Vol 33. No 3. Pp. 145- 156. ISSN: 1732-6729 (M23) IF 0.149 http://www.educationalrev.us.edu.pl/volume33.htm .
- Aleksandra Dragin, Branislav S Djurdjev, Tanja Armenski, Tamara S Jovanovic, Dragoslav Pavic, Andjelija Ivkov-Dzigurski, Kristina Kosic, Srecko Favro, 2014. Analysis of the labor force composition on cruisers: the Danube through central and Southeast Europe. Journal of Transport Geography. Volume 39. Pp. 62-72. DOI:10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2014.06.013 ISSN:0966-6923 (M21) 4 IF 1.942
- Živković Jelena, Tamara Lukić, Anđelija Ivkov-Džigurski, Tatjana Đekić, 2017. Policy responses to low fertility in Serbia. The case of municipality of Bela Palanka. Transylvanian Review of Administrative Science. No 51E ISSN 2247 – 8310 DOI:10.24193/tras.51E.10 155-170 (M23) 4 IF 0,271
- Đukičin Vučković, S., Ivkov-Džigurski, A., Ivanović Bibić, Lj., Milanković Jovanov, J., Stojšić, I. (2019). Teachers Views of Inclusive Education in Serbian Schools. South African Journal of Education, 39 (4) – in press (M23)IF (0.740)
- Lukić Aco, Ljubica Ivanović Bibić, Smiljana Đukičin Vučković, Jelena Milanković Jovanov, Anđelija Ivkov-Džigurski, Eva Konečni Kotnik Role of the homeroom teacher and geography teacher in the obligatory administration in elementary school. Journal of the geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijic”, SASA, Belgrade. Vol. 60. No 1, Pp. 69-86. ISSN 0350-7599 UDC 910(497.11) (M24)
- Stojšić, I., Ivkov-Džigurski, A., & Maričić, O. (2019). Virtual reality as a learning tool: How and where to start with immersive teaching. In L. Daniela (Ed.), Didactics of smart pedagogy: Smart pedagogy for technology enhanced learning(pp. 353-369) Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01551-0_18 https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-01551-0_18 (M14)
- Stojšić Ivan, Anđelija Ivkov Džigurski, Olja Maričić (2019). The Readiness of Geography Teachers to use Mobile devices in the Context of Immersive Technologies Integration into the Teaching Process. Geographica Pannonica ISSN: 0354-8724. Vol 23. Issue 2. Faculty of Science, Department of geography, tourism and hotel management, Novi Sad. 121-133. (M24)