Date and place of birth: 09.03.1990. Novi Sad
Graduated in 2014. In the same year enrolled in master studies and in 2015 completed MSc thesis entitled: “Management of large game in the hunting ground of PE NP Fruška gora”. Enrolled in doctoral studies in 2015 (geosciences – tourism at the Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality). In 2018 submitted the topic of his doctoral dissertation entitled – “Analysis of selected causes of changes in the number of European rabbits (Lepus europaeus Pall.) In Vojvodina – importance for hunting and hunting tourism.”
Office: Number 13, 1st floor
- 2016. – PhD student hired at the Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality, Faculty of Sciences
- 2018. – Research assistant, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality, Faculty of Sciences
Area of research:
- Ecology of game
- Basics of hunting
- Protection and management of wild game
- Hunting weapons, ammunition and ballistics
- Fishing Tourism
Languages: English (C1), Slovak, Italian (A2)
- Transformation of geospace of Serbia-past, modern problems and proposed solutions. OI176020
- Ponjiger I., Ristić Z., Marković V., Matejević M., Kovačević M. (2019). The dynamics of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) and brown hare (Lepus europaeus) populations in the Vojvodina region (Serbia) in relation to rabies vaccination. Veterinarski arhiv ISSN: 0372-5480, Vol. 89, 6. 839-850.
- Kovačević M., Marković V., Ponjiger I., Ristić Z., Matejević M., Stojsavljević R., Stamenković I. (2019). Evaluation of Vegetation as a Habitat Factor in Hunting Ground Based on Satellite Images. Rocznik Ochrona Srodowiska ISSN: 1506-218X, Vol. 21, 85-97.
- Ponjiger I. (2018): Book review: Mountaineering Tourism. Annals of Tourism Research
- Ristić A. Z., Ponjiger I., Mijailović V., Tešić V., Kovačević M., Matejević M., Padejski P., Marković V., Lulić D. (2016): Evaluation of the management of brown hare population in Vojvodina region for the period 1967-2011. Arhiv veterinarske medicine, Vol. 9, No. 1, 83 – 92, 2016
- Ristić, Z., Puzović, S., Ponjiger, I., Urošević, M., Kovačević, M., Matejević, M., and Marković, V. (2018). Decline and Current Status of the Grey Partridge (Perdix perdix L.) Population in Serbia – A Review. Contemporary Agriculture 67, 2, 171-176
- Ponjiger I., Kovačević M., (2015): Utilization of geographic information systems in game managementon the example of the hunting ground „Podunavlje“– Futog. Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality, 2015, Abstrakt book: 60
- Ristić Z., Matejević M., Ponjiger I., Tešić V., Lulić D. (2015): Results of hunting the ringed pheasants in hunting grounds of AP Vojvodina (Serbia) in 2014 and 2015.Arhiv veterinarske medicine, Vol. 8, No. 2, 67 – 76, 2015
- Ponjiger I., Marković S., Gavrilov B. M., Kovačević M., Micić T., Lulić D. (2017): Climate impact on game management and hunting tourism offer. Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality, 2017, Abstrakt book: 64
- Kovačević M., Marković V., Ponjiger I., Gnip S. (2017): Application of GIS for food and water evaluation in hunting ground of Kanjiža. Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality, 2017, Abstrakt book: 61
- Kovačević M., Marković V. Ponjiger I. (2018): GIS method for vegetation evaluation in hunting ground. 6th International Hunting and Game Management Symposium Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Ponjiger I., Jovanović T., Kovačević M. (2019). Local community attitudes towards hunting tourism – Case study: Vojvodina (Serbia). Contemporary Trends in Tourism and Hospitality 2019. Abstract book: 71