Dr. Milan Ivkov was born in Novi Sad in 1982, where he still lives today. He graduated in 2006, after which he spent a year in London on professional training at “The Dorchester” hotel. Upon his return to Serbia, he worked as a manager of the restaurant “Probus” from Sremska Mitrovica and then as a marketing manager in the company “Novi Sad Fair” where he organised numerous events and festivals. He completed his master’s studies in 2012, and defended his doctoral dissertation entitled Quality Management Models in Restaurant Industry in 2015. He has been teaching at the Department of Geography, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad since 2011.
He has won several Erasmus + scholarships for the exchange of teaching staff, which have enabled him to teach at faculties in England, Germany, the Czech Republic, Spain and Portugal. At faculty, he conducts training in Oracle Hospitality Suite 8 software (Micros Fidelio Suite 8) and has a certificate for a sommelier. He speaks English and Spanish.
- 2011 – Professional associate, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad
- 2015 –Teaching Assistant, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad
- 2018 – Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad
Main scientific research area
- Hospitality Management
- Service Quality in Hospitality
- Customer Behaviour
- Application of IT in Hospitality
- Innovations in Hospitality
- Food and Wine
- Restaurant Industry
- Services in Hospitality Industry
- Bar Management
- Front Office and Sales in Hotel Industry
- Sommelier Business
- Hospitality Management
- Risk Management in Hospitality
- Promotion and Sales of Gastronomic Products
Other relevant information
- Geotransformation of Vojvodina in the function of regional development: Provincial Secretariat for Science and Technological Development [114-451-2080/2016].
- Woosnam, K.M., Stylidis D., Ivkov, M. (2020). Explaining conative destination image through cognitive and affective destination image and emotional solidarity with residents. Journal of sustainable Tourism 28:6, 917-935.
- Stylidis, D, Woosnam, K.M., Ivkov, M, Kim, SS. (2020). Destination loyalty explained through place attachment, destination familiarity and destination image. International Journal of Tourism Research 2020, 1-13.
- Ivkov, M., Blešić, I., Janićević, S., Kovačić, S., Miljković, Đ., Lukić, T., Sakulski, D. (2019). Natural Disasters vs Hotel Industry Resilience: An Exploratory Study amnog Hotel Managers from Europe. Open Geosciences, 378-390.
- Kovačić, S., Jovanović, T., Miljković, Đ., Lukić, T., Marković, S., Vasiljević, Đ., Vujičić, M., Ivkov, M. (2019). Are Serbian tourists worried? The effect of psychological factors on tourists’ behavior based on the perceived risk. Open Geosciences, 273-287
- Ivkov, M., Božić, S., Blešić, I. (2019). The effect of service staff’s verbalized hospitality towards group diners’s additional purchases and tipping behaviour. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism 19(1), 82-94
- Đeri, L., Stamenković, P., Blešić, I., Milićević, S., Ivkov, M. (2017). An importance-performance analysis of destination competitiveness factors: Case of Jablanica district in Serbia. Economic Research 31(1), 811-826.
- Ivkov, M., Košutić, M., Filipović, J., Filipović, V. (2017). Spelt pasta with addition of inulin as a functional food: sensory evaluation and consumer preference. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 23(3), 13615-13624.
- Filipović, J., Ivkov, M., Košutić, M., Filipović, V. (2016). Ratio of omega-6/omega-3 Fatty Acids of Spelt and Flaxseed Pasta and Consumer Acceptability. Czech Journal of Food Science, 34(6), 522-528.
- Košutić, M., Filipović, J., Pezo, L., Plavšić, D., Ivkov, M. (2016). Physical and sensory properties of corn flakes with added dry residue from wild oregano distillation. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society 81(9), 1013-1024.
- Đukičin Vučković, S., Đorđević, J., Milanković, J., Ivanović Bibić, Lj., Protić, B., Đorđević, T., Ivkov, M. (2018). The development of transport infrastructure and attitudes of the local population: a case study from the Republic of Serbia. Geografisk Tidsskrift-Danish Journal of Geography 118(1), 101-113.
- Popov Raljić, J., Arsić, N., Zlatković, B., Basarin, B., Mladenović, M., Laličić Petronijević, J., Ivkov, M., Popov, V. (2015). Evaluation of color, mineral substances and sensory uniqueness of meadow and acacia honey from Serbia. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 20(5), 10784-10799.
- Ivkov, M., Blešić, I., Simat, K., Demirović, D., Božić, S., Stefanović, V. (2016). Innovations in the Restaurant Industry – An Exploratory Study. Economics of Agriculture, 63(4), 1169-1186.
- Popov-Raljić, J., Aleksić, M., Janković, V., Blešić, I., Ivkov, M. (2017). Risk management of allergenic food ingredients in hospitality. Economics of Agriculture 64(3), 1263-1276.
- Blešić, I., Popov Raljić, J., Pivac, T., Ivkov, M. (2018). Factors influencing students’ choice of fast food restaurants. Economics of Agriculture 65(1), 257-269.